Jiri to Everest trek follows the traditional route taken by the early Everest expeditions and still serves as main artery to the roadless Sagarmatha (Everest) region. Known as the Solu-Khumbu it is the home of the Sherpas. This relatively tiny society of 8,000 people is the best known and most admired of all Nepal's ethnic groups. According to their oral history Sherpas migrated to high valleys south of Mt. Everest from eastern Tibet about 450 years ago, hence the name Sharpa, "peoples of the Himalaya." Many families along this route have converted their homes into trekkers' lodges catering to foreign trekkers.
Although a popular trekking route the Everest area is visited by only some 8,000 visitors each year - a fraction of the number that visits the Annapurna region. Trekking through the Sherpa villages we share many of their hearths and enjoy their generous hospitality. Trekking in from Jiri has the advantage of helping you to acclimatize en route. This trek is about 190km/120miles long and the total altitude gained on the innumerable uphill portions totals 9000m - much higer even than Mt. Everest! After Namche we follow the main trail to the base camp. It is a legendary trek to a legendary destination.
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu.1,300m.via respective airlines.
Day 02: A day in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive to Jiri to Shivalaya 1,770m. 3 hrs.
Day 04: Trek to Sete. 2,575m. 6-7 hrs.
Day 05: Trek to Junbesi 2,675m via Lamjura-la.3,530m. 6-7 hrs.
Day 06: Rest day at Junbesi for local hike or at leisure.
Day 07: Trek to Nunthala (Manidingma) 2,190m. 6-7 hrs.
Day 08: Trek to Bupsa Danda approx. 2,250m. 5-6 hrs.
Day 09: Trek to Surkhe.2,295m 5-6 hrs.
Day 10: Trek to Phakding.2,650m. 5-6 hrs.
Day 11: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440m. Approx. 5-6 hrs.
Day 12: Rest Day at Namche Bazaar.
Day 13: Trek to Thyangboche 3,867m.Approx 5 hours.
Day 14: Trek to Dingboche 4,358m.Approx. 5-6 hour.
Day 15: Trek to Loboche 4,928m via Dugla 4,595m. 5 hours.
Day 16: Trek to Gorakshep 5,180m continue to Everest Base Camp 5,357m. 8 hrs.
Day 17: Morning hike to kalapatthar (5545m) and Trek to Pangboche 3,900m. Approx. 7 hrs.
Day 18: Trek Back to Namche - 6 Hours walk
Day 19: Trek to Lukla. Approx. 6 hours walk.
Day 20: Fly back to Kathmandu and rest
Day 21: Final Departure
- Pick-up and drop off at Kathmandu Airport
- 3 nights accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on the trek
- All necessary paper work and national park entry permits
- Domestic flights Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu
- Accommodations in lodges or tea houses during the trek
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS)
- 1 guide, and 1 porter per 2 participants, including porter's salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and insurance
- All ground transportation
- Medical supplies and first aid kit
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Personal trekking equipment
- International airfares and departure tax
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- All alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks …
- Sweets, such as chocolate and dessert
- Hot showers during the trek
- Tips for guides & porters